Play Straight Face
For most kids, sitting in a car for hours on end is no laughing matter. The solution? Before you hit the road, arm yourself with a handful of travel games where laughter is the main ingredient. Heavy on the giggles, Straight Face is sure to fit the bill.
What You Need:
- 2 or more players
What You Do:
- Choose one player to be "it". We'll call him Player A. The other player will be Player B.
- In the game, Player B will ask Player A a set of questions. Player A has to answer each question with the same phrase. Before you begin playing, have Player B choose the phrase Player A has to repeat. For maximum fun, choose a silly phrase such as:
- The dog's tail
- Peanut butter and pickles
- A bird's feather
- Little Bo Peep's sheep
- Once Player B has selected a funny phrase, start the game. Have Player B ask Player A questions such as:
- What do you comb your hair with?
- What is your favorite lunch food?
- What do you like to draw with?
- Who's your favorite person to play with?
- Player A must answer each question with the chosen phrase while keeping a straight face. Player B keeps asking questions until Player A laughs.
- Once Player A laughs, his turn is over and Player B gets to be "it". Start over from step 2, having Player A pick a silly phrase and pose questions to Player B.
Keep going back and forth until neither player can keep a straight face anymore. This game is guaranteed to turn bored frowns into happy grins and giggles!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.