Make Your Own Stress Ball
Help Dad de-stress this Father's Day with a homemade stress ball. Made of soft cotton and filled with sand, it's sure to make the stress of a long day at work melt away. And best of all, each time he uses it he'll think of the loving son or daughter who made it for him!
What You Need:
- Non-toxic permanent markers in a variety of colors
- 1 new adult white knee-length athletic sock
- Sand (if sand is not available, use gravel, flour, or salt)
- 2 zipper-seal plastic sandwich bags
- Plastic tray
- Masking tape
What You Do:
- Pull the sock taut and tape it to the plastic tray.
- Invite your child to draw on the sock with a variety of non-toxic permanent markers. Have him wear a smock or play clothes to protect his clothing.
- Scoop sand into one of the plastic sandwich bags. Place the bag of sand inside the second sandwich bag and tape closed.
- Place the sealed bag of sand inside the sock.
- Tie a knot in the ankle of the sock to secure the bag of sand in place.
- Encourage your child to squeeze your new stress ball and enjoy how the sand feels. Does he feel calmer?
Send this gift with directions for what to do if the sock begins to leak its contents. Instruct the recipient to simply untie the sock and place the broken bag of sand inside a new sandwich bag.