What You Need:
- 3 different types of fruits like strawberries, cantaloupe and blueberries
- Small waffle cone
- 3 small bowls
- 1 large bowl
- Measuring cup
- Lite Coolwhip
- Sherbet or sorbet of any flavor (optional)
- Granola or other toppings (optional)
What You Do:
- Cut the fruit and place each fruit in its own bowl. You'll want to cut the fruit into small pieces so that they'll fit into the waffle cone.
- Introduce your preschooler to the measuring cup, asking her questions about which lines mean 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, and so on.
- Have your child measure out 1/2 cup of strawberries, 1/3 cup of cantaloupe, and count 15 blueberries to place in the large bowl.
- Hold the small waffle cone while your child uses the tablespoon to scoop in the mixed fruit from the large plastic bowl. If you want to add sherbet, do so before you add the fruit, so the sherbet rests on the bottom of cone.
- Let your child top her creation with some Lite Coolwhip. Add a touch of granola or cereal, if desired.
Voilà! Now your child has a cool and healthy fruit cone, perfect for a summer day's end.
You can make this activity more educational by having your preschooler make patterns with the fruit. Make a patriotic pattern with strawberries, Coolwhip, and blueberries, for instance. Patterns never tasted so good!