Getting ready in the morning can be hectic: you and your child have clothes to gather, homework to find, lunches to pack and breakfast to make. Streamline the process a bit by preparing some delicious Swiss oatmeal the night before -- it will be ready to eat right when your child is!
What You Need:
- Bowl with lid
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- Fresh fruit
What You Do:
- Have your child put the yogurt into the bowl.
- Slowly stir in the milk until it reaches a gooey consistency.
- Let your child pour in the oatmeal, one spoonful at a time.
- Have him mix the yogurt, milk and oatmeal together for about 30 seconds.
- Slice the fresh fruit into bite-sized chunks. Peaches and strawberries are yummy recommendations.
- Let your child splash in a dash of cinnamon and vanilla along with the fruit chunks.
- Stir the mixture one more time before covering with a lid.
- Have him place the bowl in the refridgerator to cool over night.
- In the morning, remove the oatmeal from the refrigerator.
- Let him grab a spoon and start eating -- it's breakfast time.