Thanksgiving Food List Activity
The alphabet is a big learning milestone for most kids. Sometimes though, remembering the proper order of letters can be quite daunting. Help your child learn alphabetical order by making a food list in this fun Thanksgiving activity.
What You Need:
- Sheet of paper
What You Do:
- Using the ruler and marker, help your child divide the paper in half lengthwise.
- Then, still using the marker, on the left side of the paper she should write out a list of 20 different food items commonly found around the table on Thanksgiving. Some examples we came up with include: turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie.
- Once her list is complete, she should slowly sound each word out, placing emphasis on the first letter of each food.
- Then, she should use the marker to write the foods in alphabetical order in the right hand column.
- Encourage her to sound out each word as she figures out its correct placement.