Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Activity
'Tis the season to go crazy over Christmas trees. Engage your child with a Christmas craft that will result in a timeless, brightly-colored tissue paper tree. This project is a great way to spruce up a blank wall during the holiday season, or it can be used on the cover of a Christmas card.
What You Need:
- Colored Tissue Paper (pre-cut 1″ x 1″ squares)
- Glue stick
- Glue (or glitter glue)
- White construction paper
- Colored construction paper
- Fabric flower, gift bow, or craft bird
What You Do:
- Draw an outline of a Christmas tree on the piece of white construction paper.
- Apply the glue stick to a small area of the tree.
- Cover the glue with tissue paper squares.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the entire tree is covered.
- Cut the tree out and glue it to a piece of colored construction paper.
- Apply dots of glue on different parts of the tree and cover the dots with glitter. You also might just want to use glitter glue like we did.
- After the glue has dried, shake off the excess glitter.
- If he wants, have him glue on a tree topper, such as a fabric flower, gift bow or craft bird to finish off his Christmas tree.