Tomato Baked Eggs
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and your child can help the whole family start things right with this flavorful egg dish that's packed with protein and lycopene. The recipe is easily adapted to taste, depending on how spicy your family likes it. Baking allows the egg and tomato flavors really shine through. Your kids will love being introduced to the kitchen with this simple recipe, especially once they dig into this great breakfast.
What You Need:
- 14-ounce cans of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup salsa
- Sautee pan
- 4 eggs
- Hot sauce
What You Do:
- Invite your child to gather the materials for making the tomato baked eggs and place the sauté pan over medium heat. He can also preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Open the can of tomatoes and add in the salsa. If your child wants things to be a bit spicier, add a few drops of hot sauce.
- Once the sauce is simmering, crack the eggs and drop them in the pan. Always wash hands after working with raw eggs - no one wants to get sick!
- Place the pan in the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through.
- Serve up the eggs alongside toast and fruit for a delicious brunch.