A Treasure Hunt for Gelt
It’s great to have an activity to keep the kids occupied and entertained during Hanukkah. With this easy activity, you can keep the kids busy by having them search for buried treasure while the latkes are frying.
What You Need:
- Paper for clues
- Bag or bags of gelt
What You Do:
- Come up with a set of clues. These can be anything that will send the kids all over the house and/or backyard. If you have Hanukkah decorations up, be sure to incorporate them in to the clues. Or use trivia from the history of Hanukkah for your clues.
- For example, “You will find your next clue at the place where the Menorah sits for eight days and nights” and then on the mantle will be the next clue, and so on and so on.
- Come up with as many clues as you wish, depending on how long you want them to play!
- Be sure that each clue is placed in consecutive order, so the kids can find them easily.
- The last clue should lead to bags of gelt for everyone to play with.