Make a Travel Journal
Putting together a travel journal for your family's next vacation is a great way to get your kids reading, writing, and thinking about what's happening and what they're learning on the trip. The possibilities for a travel journal are as endlessly varied as your kids' personalities and imaginations. Make a daily journal that describes what you did each day, a scientific notebook of plant and animal observations, an art journal of sketches, or a combination of all three.
What You Need:
- Empty notebook with unlined paper (try to avoid spiral bindings or perforated pages; a hardcover notebook with a sewn binding will hold up better during the trip)
- Writing utensils such as a pen, pencil, and an eraser
- Paint, stickers, and other materials for decorating
- Flat souvenirs such as postcards (optional)
- Computer printout map of your trip route (optional)