Turkeys come in all different forms, even delicious cupcakes. These awesome cupcakes look professional but easy enough for kids to make and personalize. Make them using your favorite cupcake recipe, and you’ll bring the whole family to the kitchen with their tasty toppings. Don’t forget to save room for one of these turkeys come Thanksgiving!
What You Need:
- Your favorite cupcake mix
- Paper cupcake liners
- Your favorite sugar cookie or shortbread cookie recipe
- Candy corn
- Black gel icing to decorate
- Red gel icing to decorate
- Chocolate icing
What You Do:
- Help your child make cupcakes and allow them to cool completely. If you refrigerate them, they will be easier to decorate.
- Now mix up your favorite cookie dough recipe. When you form the cookies, try to make small ovals. The shapes will expand, so make them smaller than you think they should be. Then form the wings and heads. Bake the cookie shapes and cool completely.
- Ice the cupcakes with chocolate icing.
- Press a cookie onto the front of the cupcake for the face, and two cookies on either side for wings.
- Grab a handful of candy corn and poke two to three rows of “feathers” into the back half of the cupcake, pointy-side down.
- Cut the tip off one candy corn and use a bit of icing to help it stick to the side of the face cookie, creating a beak.
- Squeeze a dot of black icing gel on the turkey head for the eye.
- Squeeze a red gel line where the candy corn beak meets the cookie for the wattle.
They’re ready to gobble!