Learning to count can be pretty tough. Luckily, there are a few ways to make it a whole lot easier. Take this tons of fun turkey-themed game for instance. Have your child play this game with you or a friend and watch her quickly become a master counter.
What You Need:
- A friend
- Brown construction paper
- Red construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Orange construction paper
What You Do:
- Using your hand as a template, help your child trace out two turkey shapes on the brown construction paper with a marker.
- Using the scissors, your child should then carefully cut out each turkey shape.
- Then, your child should carefully cut out a large assortment of feathers from the red, yellow and orange construction paper.
- To get started, have your child and her friend should decide goes first.
- Then, give both children a turkey shape.
- Whoever goes first should roll the die.
- Then, she should read the number she rolled aloud.
- Next, she should pick up the number of feathers that corresponds to the dice roll and place it on her turkey.
- Now it's other player's turn to roll.
- Have the player alternate turns for 5 rounds.
- After play concludes, both children should count the number of feathers they were able to put on their turkeys.
- Whoever has acquired the most feathers on her turkey is the winner.