Teach your child the fun of baking for friends and family by making cookie pops—a delicious treat perfect for any occasion. Giving homemade gifts is a meaningful and personal gesture, and is a great way to save some money while you're at it. And since these peanut butter cookie pops can be made in under 30 minutes, they're not only fun and delicious, but they're quick and easy, too. Make a batch of cookie pops to celebrate someone special!
What You Need:
- Roll of refrigerated cookie dough (chocolate chip or peanut butter)
- Heart-shaped chocolates such as Dove
- Paper lollipop sticks
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven according to the cookie dough package directions. Cut the roll of cookie dough into approximately 20 pieces.
- Have your child roll each piece of dough into a ball with her hands.
- Help your child place the dough balls on the baking sheet, spaced two inches apart. Insert one lollipop stick into each ball of dough, making sure the sticks don't overlap too much.
- Bake the cookies according to the package directions.
- While you wash the cutting board and the knife, have your child count and unwrap 20 chocolates so they are ready when the cookies come out of the oven.
- When the cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven. Taking care not to touch the hot cookie sheet, help your child place one heart chocolate on each cookie.
- Let the cookie lollipops cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them from the sheet to a cooling rack to cool completely. Make sure you support the sticks so they don't come out!
Wrap the cookie pops in pretty paper, tie them with ribbon, and give them to away to friends and family as an extra sweet peanut butter treat.