Valentine's Day Coupons
With some colorful paper and a strong imagination, your child can make thoughtful—and free!—Valentine's Day gifts for friends or family. Each homemade coupon promises a small favor or token of affection to the recipient. More unique than sending out generic greeting cards, these redeemable rewards are also a great way for your little one to practice reading and writing.
What You Need:
- Colorful paper
- Glue, glitter, stickers, or sequins (optional)
What You Do:
- Before he begins writing out his coupons, ask him to brainstorm what each recipient would appreciate or enjoy. Some ideas: one car wash, one night of washing dishes, a hug, a foot massage, etc. Encourage your child to come up with something unique and creative for each person receiving a coupon!
- Ask your child to cut out several check-sized pieces of paper. Be sure to make at least one coupon per family member.
- Have him use marker to designate what each coupon offers and who the recipient is.
- Encourage him to decorate the coupons using any decorative materials that he chooses.
Your child now has a unique heartfelt gift to send to his favorite people. It doesn't cost a thing, and will be much appreciated amongst the masses of generic Valentine's Day cards sent out during this holiday!