A valentine wreath brightens up any home on Valentine's Day. Craft a pretty valentine wreath out of colorful chocolate kisses. Gather some easy-to-find materials, and help your little decorator construct a beautiful homemade valentine wreath! Building this chocolatey valentine wreath is great for boosting her motor skills and keeping her entertained on a rainy winter afternoon. The final product makes for a fun—and deliciously sweet!—way to celebrate Valentine's Day.
What You Need:
- 10” Styrofoam round ring
- Valentine's Day theme 1 ½” thick ribbon – approx. 4 yds.
- Glue gun
- Hershey's Kisses
What You Do:
- Have your child place a pea-sized amount of glue from a glue gun onto the ribbon, place it onto the Styrofoam ring, and hold it until it dries.
- Ask your child to begin wrapping the ribbon around the ring, slightly overlapping as she goes. She should continue wrapping until the entire ring is covered with ribbon.
- Invite her to cut the ribbon and attach it using a glue gun. Don't worry if you are able to see the end of the ribbon from the front of the wreath; the candies will cover it.
- Have your child glue the bottoms of the Valentine's Day wrapped Hershey's kisses to the wreath until they cover the front of it.
This Valentine's Day, hang your child's homemade wreath on the front door, or above the mantle. Watch her glow with pride as family and friends admire her creativity!