Dress up the dining table with a sweet craft right in time for Valentine's Day. Using a simple plate and some artsy tricks, your child can create an oven-baked wonder full of love and cheer.
What You Need:
- Permanent markers
- White plate
- Damp sponge
What You Do:
- Before you do anything, sit your child down to brainstorm ideas for his plate. Does he want to feature a heart, a bouquet of flowers or maybe even Cupid, the mischevious Roman god of love?
- Have him use a pencil and a sheet of paper to sketch out his ideas.
- When he's happy with his design, let him use colored permanent markers to draw directly on the white plate.
- If he makes any mistakes, show him how to use a damp sponge to gently scrub his designs clean.
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Once he's satisfied with his plate, have him place the plate in the center of the oven.
- Let the plate bake for 30 minutes.
- Use potholders to remove the plate. Careful, it'll be hot!
- Set it aside to cool.
- Have your child use her plate to decorate the family's table or entry way.