Make Your Own Hangman Game
Take this timeless game on the road—but the leave the scraps of paper at home. Using just few simple materials, you can create a reusable hangman game board that will last all the way to your destination and back home again.
What You Need:
- Pen or marker
- 1 sheet lightweight felt
- Wiggly eyes and pipe cleaner, yarn, or other suitable material for a mouth (optional)
- 1 sheet heavyweight felt
- Alphabet stickers
What You Do:
- Draw a stick figure hangman on the lightweight sheet of felt with the pen or marker.
- Cut the out the hangman, separating his body into individual parts (head, torso, left arm, right arm, left leg, and right leg).
- Attach velcro to the back of each hangman piece.
- Decorate the hangman's head with wiggly eyes and a pipe cleaner or yarn mouth, if desired.
- Now create the gallows. Cut out a gallows from the lightweight felt and glue it onto the heavyweight felt.
- Glue the other half of each velcro piece you glued on the hangman's body parts under the gallows so that when you attach all the body parts you have a complete hangman stick figure.
- Now it's time to play! Use the alphabet stickers to display the letters that were guessed incorrectly next to the gallows, and place one piece of the hangman on the gallows per letter.
Break out your reusable hangman set every time you want to play to keep your paper usage to a minimum.