Has your child ever wished to travel the world and meet new people? Why not keep track of his future travel plans with a foot craft that will help him show off all the different places he’d like to visit someday. Not only will he learn about different continental locations, but he may be surprised by the international variations and connections of the people he hopes to meet during his travels.
What You Need:
- Hard surface
- Crayons or colored pencils
What You Do:
- Hand your child a piece of paper and a pencil.
- Place the paper down onto a hard surface and have your child place a single foot on the paper.
- With a pencil, help him trace out each of his toes carefully.
- Once complete, have your child set his other foot right next to the traced outline of his first foot.
- Repeat step three to create an outline of his two feet side by side.
- Now, pull out some colored pencils and a pen.
- With the pen, have your child add in a smiling face to each toe of his outlined feet.
- Once done, let your child decide which country he wants each of the toes to represent. If he needs help deciding, feel free to help him look up people of different cultures from all over the world in a book or on the Internet.
- As soon as he has decided which country he wants each toe to represent, help him look up examples of the types of clothes the people from those countries wear.
- Using the crayons or colored pencils, have your child add clothes and hair to each toe accordingly.
- Encourage him to add details and finish coloring in his toes from around the world.
- If there's room, have your child add hands to each toe so that the people from each country represented can hold hands, This is a great way to teaching your child the importance of embracing cultural differences.