Washi Tape Bracelets
Homemade jewelry isn’t hard to make — your child can wrap her wrist in colorful washi tape bracelets with just a few simple craft supplies! Get into the trendy world of washi tape by making this easy washi tape jewelry craft.
What You Need:
- Flexible cardboard strips that can be easily bent into a circle shape, plastic bangles from the dollar store, and/or a finished roll of masking tape
- Invisible tape
- Washi tape, available from craft stores and stationery supply stores, in various designs, colors and widths
What You Do:
- Provide your child with the materials for the possible bases of the bracelets, which are the first three items listed in “What You Need,” above. She can choose which materials she likes best for the base of her washi tape bracelets by deciding which fits best around her wrist. A cardboard strip can be measured and cut to fit around her wrist, and then attached closed at a good point with invisible tape.
- Your child can decorate her bracelet base with washi tape in assorted colors, designs, and widths, available from craft stores. Washi tape applies easily to the bases mentioned. Your child can cut strips of washi tape in various sizes to wrap around whichever base she is using. Have her wrap washi tape around the inner and outer sides of the bracelet to decorate both sides.
- Your child may wish to create a pattern on her bracelet, like alternating colors of washi tape around the base, or she may prefer to work with just one washi tape, especially if it already has a pretty design.
- If she likes the end result of her bracelet creation, she may wish to make more than one for a whole jewelry collection!
- She could also create a friendship bracelet, making one for a friend using that friend’s favorite color. A mom or grandmother would likely appreciate a bracelet gift. So many possibilities for your junior jewelry designer with this washi tape craft!