Washi Tape Wall Art
Let your child create a wonderful wall of washi—a "mural" made of washi tape wall art!
What You Need:
- A blank wall in your child’s room or other area of the house where it will be okay to you don't mind your child constructing his (removable) masterpiece
- Washi tape in various colors, widths, and styles
- Pencil, paper
What You Do:
- Show your child the blank wall space where he can design a wall mural using washi tape. A smooth wall will work best. Tell him that the tape will peel off fairly easily if he ends up changing hismind about her wall design.
- Prepare the wall space ahead of time making sure that it is clean and clear of any other wall hangings.
- Provide your child with washi tape (available from craft stores) in a variety of colors, widths, and designs. He may want to design his washi tape wall art based on what colors or styles of tape he has available. Your child may also want to plan out his design ahead of time using pencil and paper.
- When he’s ready, he can use scissors to cut the pieces of washi tape into shapes or lengths needed to fill in her design. He could create a rainbow, a garden, an animal, or use washi tape to spell out words!
- When he is happy with the washi tape mural, help him press down along the back of the tape that is applied to the wall to help it stick. It can be peeled off without taking off wall paint if he changes his mind or eventually wants to remove the mural. He may want a photograph of his mural if it is ever taken down though, to remember it by!
- Your child has experienced an introductory and interactive lesson in murals. Enjoy the washi tape wall art!