Washi Tea Tin
Create a unique and colorful Mother's Day gift that Mom can use all year long. Upcycle a tea tin by wrapping it with Washi tape. This is a great opportunity for your child to practice creating color palettes and patterns. Tape can be applied in a different pattern on each side, or covered entirely with the same pattern. Fill the tin with fresh tea to create a wonderful and useful surprise!
What You Need:
- Tea tin, washed and dry
- Washi tape, variety of colors
- Scissors (optional)
- Tea bags, or loose leaf tea
What You Do:
- Ask your child to choose a color palette from the washi tape.
- Have her tell you what type of designs she's considering using. Some examples include diagonals, stripes and color blocks.
- She can now start covering the tea tin with tape, eventually covering the entire tin. Make sure there are no tin spots peeking through the tape!
- Fill the taped tin with your mom's favorite tea bags or loose leaf tea.