Fire up your little one's counting skills with this adorable winter number-match game. Have your child count out snowflakes, poms, or beads to equal different numbers and see how many she gets correct. Play until she's warmed up and ready to count on her own!
What You Need:
- Construction paper or felt
- Beads, crystals, or poms for counting markers
What You Do:
- Stack several sheets of construction paper.
- Help your child trace her hand with a pencil. Using the traced hand, try to create a glove shape over the fingers. Make sure to include the wrist of the glove.
- Encourage her to cut out all the gloves. Make sure you have at least 10. If you have less, repeat the process again.
- Ask her to count out loud with you as you number the wrist of the gloves from 1 to 10.
- Mix the gloves up.
- Set a timer for three minutes and ask her to try to place the correct number of counting markers in each of the gloves that corresponds to the number on the wrist of the glove. (If the glove has the number "8" on the wrist, she should place 8 markers in the palm of the glove.)
- Decrease the time and challenge her to go even faster!