Evil wizards beware: this magical paper craft is about to bestow your little hero with mystical powers -- or at the very least, a special ability to cut construction paper and and glue things together! Full of charm and creative possibilities, this fun hat will be ready for playtime in no time.
What You Need:
- Black construction paper
- Purple construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Large dinner plate
- Glitter glue
What You Do:
- Have your child use a pencil to trace a dinner plate on a sheet of purple constructon paper.
- Help her mark the center of the circle with her pencil.
- Let her draw a straight line from the circle to the edge of the paper.
- Have your child use scissors to cut the circle out as well as the line from the edge of the circle to its center.
- Now for the trickiest part. Help her tuck one edge of the circle (along the line that she just cut) into the rest of the circle. Have her play around with circling the paper around. Once she does it right, the paper circle will form a cone-shaped hat.
- Have her tape the paper cone in place.
- Time to decorate! Let her draw and cut out stars and moons from yellow construction paper.
- Have her glue the yellow stars, sequins and glitter to her hat.
- Let her put on her wizard hat and rule her imaginary land with magic -- and kindness!