Big Bad Wolf Paper Plate Mask
Help your kid get in touch with his wild side with this Big Bad Wolf mask! Bringing this ferocious fairytale villain to life is simple; all you need is a paper plate, felt, pipe cleaners, paint, ribbon, pom-poms and a little one who loves to act out classic children’s tales. Encourage your budding thespian to act out a scene from Little Red Riding Hood or Three Little Pigs with friends, or simply get into character during story time.
- Paper Plate
- Brown Tempera paint
- Pipe cleaners
- Stretchy cord, or ribbon
What You Do:
- Have your child cut the paper plate in half and set one half aside for ears, or for another mask.
- While holding the mask up to your child's face, help to draw their eyes in place by marking the position with a pencil.
- Pierce a the hole in the eyes with a pair of scissors to get your kid started, then let him cut along the pencil line.
- Together, paint the entire front side of the mask brown with tempera paint. Allow the paint to dry.
- As the paint dries, show your child how to cut out pieces of felt for the eyebrows of your wolf.
- Attach pipe cleaner whiskers where the wolf’s nose will be.
- Glue a large pom on top of the whiskers to create a nose.
- With your assistance, have your child cut out ears from felt or the leftover piece of the paper plate.
- Staple the ears to the top of the mask. Encourage your budding artist to color them in, or add in another piece of felt to finish the ears.
- Staple a stretchy cord on both sides of the mask. Or, cut two 8" segments of ribbon and staple one on each side of the mask to tie it securely in place.