This time-based word-building game is the perfect way to boost your child's vocabulary and reading skills. Mix and match letters to see how many words she can come up with! Each round of this word builder is different to keep the game fresh for hours of learning and play.
What You Need:
What You Do:
- To start the game, write four random consonants and three random vowels on a page in the notebook and pass it to your child.
- Help her set the timer for 30 seconds, then have her write down as many two-letter words as she can think of in 30 seconds.
- Once the time is up, go over the words with her and discuss which ones were spelled right.
- For the next round, write down four new random consonants and three random vowels on a new sheet of paper.
- Pass the notebook to your child, set the timer for 30 seconds, and this time, ask her to write down as many three-letter words as she can think of.
- Once the time is up, review the words with her and discuss which ones were spelled right again.
- You can play as many rounds as you like, upping the word length by one letter each turn. If your child feels comfortable, keep challenging her and you just might both be surprised at how many words she can come up with!