This yarn heart is a rustic Valentine's Day decoration that will bring some heartfelt cheer to your home. Dress up your windows with this pretty yarn heart! Help your child create this beautiful yarn heart creation made out of wire and yarn. Better make more than one though—you'll want to give these away as gifts and keep a few for yourself. Make a yarn heart with your little Valentine this February.
What You Need:
- Bendable wire
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
What You Do:
- Help your child bend the wire into a heart. She should do this by first bending the wire in half before curving the ends inwards.
- Cut off any excess wire with the wire cutters.
- Have her twist the ends together to keep the heart intact.
- Have her begin wrapping her heart with yarn. Encourage her to start at the top of the heart where the wire ends are twisted together. Make sure she wraps each loop of yarn snugly.
- Help her carefully use the hot glue gun to dot the wire as she wraps it with yarn. This will ensure the yarn stays on the wire.
- Let her continue to wrap the yarn until the inside of the heart is filled with criss-crossing loops of yarn.
- Help her tie one piece of yarn to the top of the heart.
- Now she's ready to hang her Valentine craft!