Yes, No, You Got It!: A Card Game
It is important to have a good understanding of numbers and their values. This guessing game combines logic with number sense. It suits all ability levels, as players' questions can be simple or complex. All you need is a deck of cards to get started. Work in teams or individually, with any number of players. Why not invite the whole family to play?
What You Need:
- One deck of playing cards (Print a deck.)
What You Do:
1. The dealer draws one card from the deck at random. Players take turns asking mathematical questions in order to figure out what card was drawn. The dealer responds to each question with one of these choices: "Yes," "No," or "You Got It!"
2. For example, suppose the dealer chose a 4 of diamonds. A sample questioning sequence might go like this:
Is the card black? (No)
Is the value of the card greater than 6? (No)
Is the card greater than 3? (Yes)
Is the card a five? (No)
Is the card a six? (No)
Is the card a heart? (No)
Is the card a four of diamonds? (You Got It!)
3. The player who correctly guesses a card earns that card and the right to be the next dealer.
4. Play until one player has earned 10 cards or time is up. The player with the most cards wins.