What's My Number?
It's important to have a good understanding of numbers and their values. This guessing game combines logic with number sense. It suits all ability levels, as players' questions can be simple or complex. All you need is a deck of cards to get started. Work in teams or individually, with any number of players. Why not invite the whole family to play?
What You Need:
- Deck of playing cards with the face cards (jacks, queens, kings) removed
What You Do:
- Have the first clue-giver draw one card from the deck at random.
- Tell the player who correctly guesses a card earns that card and the right to be the next clue-giver.
- Encourage the other players to take turns asking mathematical questions in order to figure out what card was drawn.
- Let the clue giver know that he should respond to each question with a yes or no answer.
- If the guessing players get stumped, the dealer should give out a few mathematical hints. (e.g. if you add 5, subtract 2, and multiply my card by 3, the total is thirty)
- Have the current clue-giver pass the deck to the new clue-giver.
- Play until the deck is depleted or set a time limit and when time is up, the player with the most cards wins!