The zombie apocalypse may not be imminent, but lunchtime always is. Help your high schooler pack his lunch in style with a recycled show box redesigned as a zombie survival kit.
What You Need:
- Shoe box
- Yellow duct tape
- Permanent marker
- Red construction paper
- Green construction paper
- Brown paper grocery bag
- Small plastic containers
- Purple food coloring
What You Do:
- Have your child cover the shoebox in a brown paper grocery bag -- in the same way she might cover her textbook.
- Let her use tape to secure the covering in place and scissors to trim the excess paper.
- Zombie apocalypses can be dangerous so have her cover her kit in "yellow caution tape," yellow duct tape with permanent marker warning words.
- Have her cut out a few squares and rectangles out of the red construction paper.
- What sort of signs would government officials write if there was a real zombie outbreak? Have your child use her permanent marker to write words like infected, quarantined, and keep out on the red squares and rectangles.
- Let her tape these signs on the outside of the shoebox.
- Have her cover her small plastic containers with the green and purple construction paper, using tape to hold the paper in place and scissors to trim the excess.
- Help her use her permanent marker to draw a skull and crossbones and other zombie-ish labels on the green and purple container covers.
- Set her containers in the shoebox.
- Have her combine glue and a few drops of food coloring in a bowl.
- Let her use a spoon to mix the sticky liquid.
- Help her drizzle the homemade “zombie drool” all over the containers and the outside of the shoebox.
- All done! The only thing this zombie kit needs is some yummy lunch items.
Local SAT & ACT Classes
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.