All About Orange
Students will be able to identify the color orange.
Introduction (5 minutes)
- Show students some of the orange items.
- Ask the students if they know the color of those items.
- Explain that the color they see is orange; it can be made by mixing red and yellow.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher Modeling (15 minutes)
- Give students The Color Orange worksheet.
- Help them trace the word "orange" as you read the sentences aloud.
- Have them cut the pages to make their mini-books.
Guided Practice/Interactive Modeling (10 minutes)
- Have students work on the Orange Things worksheet.
- The students will review some things that are orange.
- Have them name the items and then trace and write the word "orange."
Independent Working Time (10 minutes)
- Once students have completed the Orange Things worksheet, have them go back to their mini-book and color the pages.
- Staple students' pages together for them as they finish.
- Enrichment: Challenge advanced students to think of orange things that weren't brought to class today.
- Support: Help struggling students come up with items that are orange.
Related Books and/or Media
Assessment (5 minutes)
- Put some of the smaller orange items into the basket.
- Allow students to look through the basket and choose items to examine.
Review and Closing (5 minutes)
- As a class, make a list of orange objects.