Ten Great High School Graduation Gifts
- Hidden Benefits: The Impact of High School Graduation On Household Wealth
- 1 in 3 Unprepared for Life After High School
- High School Memories
- 1 Out of 4 Drops Out of High School
- According to the School Psychologist: High School
- Ten Elements of a Successful High School
Getting the perfect gift for a high school graduate can be a challenge. Here are 10 cool ideas for the high school graduate—from college dorm must-haves to experiential gifts he’ll remember for a lifetime.
1. An instant hit.
Your teen may not have even heard of a Polaroid camera—but he’ll certainly love this new modern version! The PoGo Digital Poloroid Camera is the digital version of the iconic Polaroid, where 2x3 borderless color pictures print instantly from the integrated printer. Your teen will appreciate that it’s small enough to take anywhere, whether on a nature hike or a party. Having the capability to print pictures instantly, anywhere, makes this camera a must-have for the graduate. (Polaroid, $188.44 ) Where to buy
2. Wake-up call.
If your college student is going to get to class on time, he’s going to need a clock radio. Why not get him one he will actually use? The RCA Universal Dock for iPod Clock Radio allows your teen the option to wake up to his own music from his iPod. He will love the high performance sound quality as well as the docking station and charger. With this dynamic alarm clock, your teen can choose to wake to an alarm, radio or his iPod so he’ll have no excuse to oversleep and miss a class! (RCA, $47.65) Where to buy
3. Lap Top Style
Whether they’re headed off to college, to travel the world, or just off to start a career, most grads are always on the go. And being on the go means they need to carry their lap top safely, but also in style. This quality, retro-designed lap-top computer sling bag is made of sturdy, extra thick protective neoprene to handle the wear and tear of a typical teen. Practical and stylish, it’s the perfect gift for the techie with taste. Designed by Alexander Girard, it comes in three different textile designs, each one acceptably cool for the teen looking to impress and be unique. (Alexander Girard, $50.00) Where to buy
4. Flip for this Camcorder
Having the latest video taping device is a definite must have for the graduate who likes high tech gear. The Mino HD from Flip Video is a sleek, small portable video device that is high on quality – and design. Offering a design-it-yourself component, teens can use their own images as a design or choose from a large selection of patterns and ideas. The Mino can create movies with video clips, music and titles, as well as easily upload to Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and other video sharing sites. Easy enough to slip into their purse or pocket, this remarkable camcorder will certainly come in handy for teens to capture special moments in their life. (FlipVideo, $199) Where to buy
5. Oh, the places they’ll go. For the graduate who loves to travel, there’s really no better gift than tickets for an airline. Kids like flexibility and to be on their own schedule, so giving them some airline tickets to use on their own time is a great gift. When you place the tickets inside the book, “Oh the Places You’ll Go!” by Dr. Seuss, she gets not only an opportunity to travel anywhere she wants, but an inspiring book about the journey ahead of her as well.
Today on Education.com
WORKBOOKSMay Workbooks are Here!
ACTIVITIESGet Outside! 10 Playful Activities
Add your own comment
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- The Five Warning Signs of Asperger's Syndrome
- What Makes a School Effective?
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Bullying in Schools
- Test Problems: Seven Reasons Why Standardized Tests Are Not Working
- Should Your Child Be Held Back a Grade? Know Your Rights
- First Grade Sight Words List