Anonymous
Q:

My 10 year old has a girl in her class who doesn't want anyone to be her friend, and keeps taking her friends away and trying to get everyone to ignore here.

How to stop a girl from taking away friends and saying mean things about my daughter to her friends and family.  this girl makes it a point to exclude my daughter from social events with girls who are her friends
In Topics: Bullying and teasing, Friendships and peer relationships

|

Nebraska

If you haven't already had a meeting with your daughter's teacher, I would schedule a meeting with her and see what her perspective is on the matter. I would talk with your daughter and have her write out the names of the kids with whom she would like to be friends. You could then arrange some play dates with these girls. I would also think about activities outside of school (i.e., sports, music, drama, church, etc.) that your daughter could get involved with in order to expand her friendship choices. The more opportunities she has to make different friends the better off she'll be.

2
0