Anonymous
Q:

My 10 year-old with no father and no friends. Help?

My son and I have moved 3 times and for him 3different schools. At first he loved school. But when his father tried killing me for the 5time...and him seeing all the cops and his father in cuffs,I think that's when he shut down some of the way. But in the same year of his dad being taken away, the one friend that he did have at the time,it was his first sleep over,he finally seemed happy. But that same night his older brother molested him. Once he told me what had happened and I talked to the boys mother (her speaking to her kids) they all denied of anything like that happening. I knew he was telling the truth because of the details that a 5 year-old telling me...ya,he was Not lying.
 well anyways,we moved . My little boy had/has been threw so much. He has been traumatized. We just moved again,because he kept getting into fights and just not fitting in.
Now after my mother home schooling him for half of last year,he wants so badly to have a friend or friends. He is lonely . Well so far (5th week of this new school 5th grade) He has already gotten himself into a physical fight and still can't make friends.
please help me. Because of my anxiety and life problems I can't seem to get out to meet a good man that could possibly be a father figure,which I know he needs. We both are lonely but he Needs a friend. So much more that has happened to us both,but I don't have enough room. Please someone...help me?
In Topics: Back to school, Bullying and teasing, Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

|

Both you and your son have experienced a great deal of trauma in your life.  

Your son needs a safe place to express his feelings and anger if you have not done so you might want to look at getting your son into counseling.

A counselor would be able to help your son learn how to express his feelings in a more appropriate manner.

If you are looking for a mentoring program for you son you might try contacting your local YMCA or Big Brothers/Big Sisters Program or the Boys and Girls Club in your area.

Boys Town National Hot line
1-800-448-3000

0
0

Boys Town National Hot line
1-800-448-3000

0
0
Anonymous