Anonymous
Q:

If my 10 yr old grandaughter fails 4th grade her mom won't let her go on vacation with us. Her other 2 sisters will be allowed. Is this fair to her?

Her mom said that if she fails 4th grade she can't go anywhere this summer and can't go on vacation even if her 2 sisters go.  I don't feel this fair.  If she fails, I think the mom should find out why, not just say she is babified and does not care.  I have helped her study for many of her tests and she always knows the subject matter when she is done studying.  She seems to have trouble when she goes to take the written test.
In Topics: School and Academics, Outside the classroom, Camp and summer enrichment

|
michelle_nesbit
michelle_ne... writes:
It is not fair to punish her and reward the others, even if they do pass. This will only cause future problems with her siblings. I know this from first hand experience.
My 10 year old had the same problem last year, I could quiz her verbally and she could tell me all about what they were studying, however when it came to the tests she would fail every time. I realized there was a problem, so I requested that my daughter be tested, and sure enough they found that she has a 'language disconnect' - she is auditory and must be given test orally. So, your daughter may need to look into having your granddaughter tested for any form of learning disability, including ADHA (which my daughter also has), as these can really cause major issues with girls around your granddaughters age.

2
0
supperkaka
supperkaka writes:
That depends very much on her because of her academic ability. I expect she'll pass.

2
0
Anonymous