Icant
Icant asks:
Q:

my 12 year old daughter has changed since we have moved back in with her father she is defiant and will physically attack me when told no or to stop

I am at my wits end and crying every night.
My 12 year old who was once my beautiful girl has changed so much since we moved back in with her father this year and I now have to travel away one to two nights a week for work. She loves her father's laid back attitude to rules and lack of routine. Now I always seem to be the ogre which isn't helped when her father over rides me and lets her do what she wants even after I have said no. She is rude , disrespectful and now physically attacks me when I try to get her to do something she doesn't want to do. Tonight I have asked her to turn the TV off and go to bed and there was an eruption. When I woke her father to support me he told me to let her do what she wants as I am going away tomorrow.... I am fast losing my patience I have tried to be calm, consistent and loving but I dont know what to do anymore.
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Hello and I am so sorry that you are having difficulties with your daughter. 12 is a tricky age, but there seems to be more than teen-age angst happening here.  Please consider speaking to her guidance counselor and receiving recommendations of local assistance.

Also consider online services such as:

AnnieFox.com
Kidlutions.com

We wish you the best of luck in finding some help.

0
0