Anonymous
Q:

Why does my 12 year old daughter have no friends - I see other girls at her school surrounded by other friends and she feels left out?

It started in kindergarten - she shut down and had selective mute-ism for 2 years until I finally found a therapist that helped her break away from that - anxiety and fears have been nonstop for all of her life - yet when she has a microphone or is on stage all the fears go away. Next year she is going to a performing arts school for 7th - 12th grade and I am hoping that she won't have the same problems there (no friends). She has had a couple of friends since 5th grade but they seem to turn their back on her after 6 months. Her academic grades are very low - C's through F's she has no self esteem and has been in counseling since she was 5 (not the same counselor though) She has 2 step sisters and is very bossy with them which makes me wonder if that is the way she is with everyone - what can I do? she cries every night - has fears of being kidnapped - I am helpless, upset, mad and unsure what to do.
In Topics: Public School

|