BDC1972
BDC1972 asks:
Q:

My 12 year old daughter has been sexually assaulted at school and the school has done nothing about it.

We have now involved the police and the child advocacy center. The school is still allowing this boy to attend classes with my daughter. What can I do to keep this from happening??
In Topics: Working with school administrators, School safety (not bullying)

|

I am very sorry to hear about the trauma your daughter and your family have endured. Please seek counseling for your daughter. She is entitled to free counseling through the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA).

The legal process is cumbersome and sometimes seems unfair. Your daughter is a victim of a violent crime and should not have to attend classes with this person. You may request that he be removed from her classes. You are advocating for your daughter and her rights. You are also entitled to know from the police the disposition of the case against him. You may need to seek legal counsel to ensure your daughter is not traumatized further.

1
1