elizamichele
elizamichele asks:
Q:

12 year old grandson is failing in private school.

My grandson started attending a new catholic school, he has lots of homework everynight this is overwhelming for both us as we are up late at night trying to complete what should be done, but he does not turn the work in the next day I found out.  His worse subject is math.  He reads well, but maybe not comprehending.  We have asked for a tutor for his math, he didn't get any help.  He has attened catholic school for five years, yet he is not getting good grades, this school send reports that he is below average.  He improved his grades the second time, but has gone back down to an F this last marking period.  I have threatened him but he is unfazed by his bad grades. He will have to attend summer school to pass 7th grade.  

I talk  to him, he listens I guess, but he still repeats the same pattern, he is not allowed to watch TV or play with his PSP.  He has no downtime to play due to his homework.  He can't go out to play with other children for the same reason.  He has no friend and he found out that his favorite cousin tried to bully him over the holiday, expressed hurt.  he lives with me during the school week and goes home with his mom on the weekend.  His mother takes him to show and he is a traveling kid.

He is a wonderful child.  His loves to draw, that is where is concentration is as he draws in class.   He is not motivated unless I engage him in some studies.  

What can I do to help him.  Please help me.
In Topics: Motivation and achievement at school

|