sophie.a
sophie.a asks:
Q:

12yo daughter, self harm, lies, and a worried mother

About a month ago the school called me to tell me my daughter has been turning up for school late, leaving early, and being rude in class, and they had proof of this from school CCTV. when i asked her about it, she told me that it isn't her. ok, now you know that, Kate (my daughter) was on a school camp over the weekend, and i cleaned her room because i am sick of asking her to do it herself. whilst doing this i found a number of items that made me worried about her, Threatening letters, rude photo's from older men, and a razor stained with blood. i also found other things like, mobile sim cards from a different provider to our company, and used condoms. When she returned i layed the objects out on the table in front of her, and asked her what they were, and where she got them. I didn't include the letters, or the razor in this. She informed me that the photo's and the condoms were her friends who left them here (which i did not believe),
i then asked her if she had ever harmed herself intentionly, she told me that she never had (however i know this is a lie as since we spoke i have searched her computer, and found shocking videos of her cutting herself). i am worried that she is about to kill herself, i dont want to push therapy on her, but i have reasons to believe she is lying to me, and sleeping around with older men. PLEASE help!
In Topics: Bullying and teasing, Cutting, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

EdieRaether

Wait, you have a daughter who is you believe to be sleeping with older men and a may be thinking of suicide and you do not want to push therapy.  
That is very high risk.  I would prefer to deal with resistance to therapy and then read about her in the obituaries.  I am sorry to come on so strong but
I am hoping it motivates you to take action NOW....Please....get her help immediately. PLEASE. Let me know if I can help.
1
2

Anonymous