Anonymous
Q:

My 13 year old son took provocative pictures of himself wearing girls clothes and under garments. I'm freaking out...Is This a phase?

In Topics: Teen issues, Teen sexuality and dating

|

the phase is called puberty, adolescence, and exploring feelings.  It is a normal part of his seeking the forbidden which may create a rush, and or it is masturbatory fantasy.  The problem arises is that he has photographed himself and could be trashed by friends if these are found. Start by discussing personal internet and telephone safety, on line pornography, sexting etc...then speak with him about his feelings about who he is and reassure him of your love and commitment. LGBTQ youth are often at risk.  give him time alone with his pediatrician and ask her/him to approach the issue of sexual safety, identity, and being sure that he is not being prompted to do this for someone else who may abuse or liable him.

0
1

boulders
boulders writes:
Even if my son is gay, why do you think he would take picture like that. I'm very opened minded and if he is gay ,I can support him. I just dont understand the girl's under garments and pictures. Any Advice???

0
0
mark1983
mark1983 writes:
I had a sibling growing up who dressed in girls clothing to.He turned out to be gay, but it was obvious to us even at a young age! With technology now it doesn't surprise me about the picture taking he probably has a phone with a camera and was curious how he looked! I think there is a good chance he is on the ropes about being gay or not the best thing is to be there for him cause at the end of the day we still and always love our children!

1
0