auntboogie
auntboogie asks:
Q:

13 yr. old girl dating a 17 yr. old boy. Both with major baggage. Advice, what sld. next move be????

My daughter is a 13 year old. She has a diagnosis of Bi-polar disorder and ADHA as well as expressive speech disorder. She is now in a partial hospitalization program, trying to mainstream her by December.  She is dating a 17 year old boy (secretly) for 6 months. The boy has been diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder,phsycotic episodes, and major anger issues. He has never hurt her but already I get the feeling he is controlling. My daughter is emotionaly fragile right now, and is the perfect candidate forbeing manipulated. I feel right now she needs to be focued on getting herself better. I need advise on my next move!  I told her I was proud of her for being honest, but very upset or hurt because of the lying. I said I needed time to think about the situation. Now, I am completely against this whole thing, however I am afraid if I forbid it, they will just sneak around and add to the excitment of that. On the other hand to allow it, well, I feel that it is sexually a dangerous situation. I don't want her talked or pushed into something she is not capible of dealing with emotionaly!! Either way i see her getting hurt and I am very worried about her mental health and how she will handle it! Just one more thing, I suggested to my husband that we sit them down and explain how we feel but as an alternative, we give them 1 more shot at JUST a friendship or it's over. Let him know that in Dec. when 18 it's a legal matter.We will go there!! Hubby,said friendship is a joke
In Topics: Teen issues, Teen sexuality and dating, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|
Anonymous