auntboogie
auntboogie asks:
Q:

13 yr. old girl dating a 17 yr. old boy. Both with major baggage. Advice, what sld. next move be????

My daughter is a 13 year old. She has a diagnosis of Bi-polar disorder and ADHA as well as expressive speech disorder. She is now in a partial hospitalization program, trying to mainstream her by December.  She is dating a 17 year old boy (secretly) for 6 months. The boy has been diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder,phsycotic episodes, and major anger issues. He has never hurt her but already I get the feeling he is controlling. My daughter is emotionaly fragile right now, and is the perfect candidate forbeing manipulated. I feel right now she needs to be focued on getting herself better. I need advise on my next move!  I told her I was proud of her for being honest, but very upset or hurt because of the lying. I said I needed time to think about the situation. Now, I am completely against this whole thing, however I am afraid if I forbid it, they will just sneak around and add to the excitment of that. On the other hand to allow it, well, I feel that it is sexually a dangerous situation. I don't want her talked or pushed into something she is not capible of dealing with emotionaly!! Either way i see her getting hurt and I am very worried about her mental health and how she will handle it! Just one more thing, I suggested to my husband that we sit them down and explain how we feel but as an alternative, we give them 1 more shot at JUST a friendship or it's over. Let him know that in Dec. when 18 it's a legal matter.We will go there!! Hubby,said friendship is a joke
In Topics: Teen issues, Teen sexuality and dating, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|
mrs.amy
mrs.amy writes:
If you feel he is bad for your daughter try to explain to her your worries and concerns in a nice calm manner . Tell her if she continues to see him after you have told her no tell her that you will be forced to take legal actions to prevent her from seeing him. Its just a suggestion but it might help out. :)                                                        

Lots of luck aa

1
0
nativepride59
nativepride59 writes:
I've been in a similar situation and the more you forbid it the more they will do it BUT you are the parent and he will be an adult. I was lucky and my daughter had older brothers, Father & step-Father who cared enough to do what ever it took. My daughter did not have the same problems as yours but none the less it's the same. Talk to her Dr. and counselor and see what they suggest. I would also take legal action but 1st sit him down without her and warn him what is coming. Good luck!!

1
0
Anonymous