Boytogirl
Boytogirl asks:
Q:

I am a 14 year old boy and would like to wear dresses, is this normal? And why?

Ever since I was little (about 4) I found an attraction to wearing girls clothes. It all started at a friends house, they were having a party, they had 3 young girls who were playing dress up, and I was curious about it. So I took the poofy princess dress and put it on. I loved the feeling of the material. And about a month after I told my parents I was a girl, they sat me down a told me you are a boy and never should wear girl stuff. But strangely enough, my mom let me go as a girl for Halloween as a girl in a pink mini skirt and a cami, I also had a tiara. And in the last year or so I have been wanting to come out to my mom and say I want to be a girl, but I just can't. I have worn her clothes (dresses, panties, bras, skirts, and tops) before. I have a girlfriend and I'm not gay, is this a phase or what?
In Topics: Self esteem and identity

|
heymylovelys
heymylovelys writes:
do you think you could be transgender
being transgender doesn't mean your gay it means you have different feelings and hormones then other people also it means you want and see yourself as a different gender.
i really don't know but search it up,its very interesting

2
0
Didivenus
Didivenus , Parent, Teacher, Student writes:
well since you arent gay there is no obvious reason why you would it is not a phhase and this does not mean there is something wrong with you. It just means you think womens material clothing is more comtorable. I think you sould wear loose clothing and try on more guy clothes and pick one that feels good to you. I just hope i helped cause if i didnt write back and i will give more ideas.

1
0
CBrimmer
CBrimmer writes:
You say you like the way the material felt, it may just be you like this better, if you can't find comfortable guy clothes then try making your own with fabrics you like or find a seamstress who can. When I was younger I wore guy clothes almost exclusively because it was more comfortable for me. (I realize that it's harder for a guy in this instance) As I got older I found more clothes that were comfortable in my gender, but I still like to wear my husbands from time to time. What's important is that you are comfortable with who you are as a person.

1
0
samani0o
samani0o writes:
I know a guy who has a family (wife, kids) but he likes to go out in women's clothes. just the bottom though. So sometimes I see him walking around in a t-shirt (for men) and underneath a mini-skirt, fishnet and heels.
That you like to wear girl clothing doesn't fit the standard image, but if it makes you comfortable why not? I don't know how old you are and if you feel constricted in men clothes, or if you're girlfriend knows. But I'd just keep it to yourself for now, just until you're certain about how you feel (if you'd just like to wear girl clothes -now and then- or if you really want to BE a girl). And when you know a little more about yourself you should talk about it with your parents (if you want of course), close friends, anyone who you feel comfortable with. And it's probably best you tell your girlfriend eventually as well. If you're serious about her, she does have a right to know who you really are and what you feel inside. And I'm sure you'll feel a lot more at ease as well.
I'm sure there are a lot of forums where there are more people dealing with stuff you're dealing with. Talk to them, maybe it helps! Good luck and remember: most important thing in the world is that you're comfortable with yourself. then people will love you for who you are.

2
0
Laryssa5
Laryssa5 writes:
You need to talk to your parents; counseling for all of you would be very beneficial in this matter.  NOBODY can advise you better than your parents because they have known you your entire life and a counselor would help as a mediator for you all as well. ;-)  Depending on your circumstances, your parents might choose a counselor such as a pastor, school counselor, or paid professional.  The first two would be a free resource during these hard economic times; the latter will cost monetarily, but might fit your family better.  No matter which choice...PLEASE talk to your parents!  We may seem preoccupied at times, but we always want to help our kiddos be as healthy and happy as they can be...and we certainly don't want our kids going through tough things without us! =)

2
0
RenaBeadle
RenaBeadle writes:
You were created for so much more than this.  It's not just about the clothes, but what God wants to do through you in this life.  This world needs strong men who have integrity, character and a passion for God, their wife and children.  Think about your legacy, or what you want to leave behind.  Someone will be following you.  You were created in the image of God.  He loves you and has a great plan for your life.  Make everyday count:)  Blessings, Mother of 5 Sons

0
2
popyooze
popyooze writes:
Yes it is normal, some times I feel the same way. It is a process during puberty that you feel nice and gentle that you start to be in love with girls.

1
0
ChloeBennard
ChloeBennard writes:
well I have the same feeling and I'm 15 but I'm also gay so can't really give advice but have you ever maybe thought that maybe you are bi instead of straight because I mean you said you have a girlfriend, so if you have feelings for guys to than you might be bi. hope this helped :)

0
0
Rose-is-awesome
Rose-is-awe... writes:
It just who u are finally coming out

0
0
ctcm23
ctcm23 writes:
Unfortunately, in our society especially, we put a lot of emphasis on gender roles, and conforming to a rigid set of "rules" for how people should act or dress. From the time we re born, we are forced upon with "boys wear blue, girls wear pink," and "boys wear jeans, girls wear dresses." In fact, until the 1920's (which seems like a long time ago, but in the grand scheme of history in general, that's pretty recent), pink was a "boy's" color!

In reality, we know that there are so many more different kinds of people than just boys vs girls. Some people feel that they are born in to the wrong body, and should be the other sex. If they get an operation to have their bodies corrected, we call them TRANSEXUAL. If a person chooses to live their lives in a body of their birth sex, but still identify as the other sex, we call them TRANSGENDER. If a person, let's go with a man for now, If a man is straight, but really loves wearing "women's" clothing, we call him a TRANSVESTITE.

It can be hard to feel like your parents don't respect who you want to be. I wont pretend that my random words on the internet are as important to you as I hope they will be, but I want you to know that there ARE people out here who will respect you, support you, and love you. There is NOTHING wrong with you. I am afraid that you will run into people who will respond to your love of "girl stuff" with fear and hatred, but as long as YOU can be happy with YOU, then you know that you are following your heart, and there is nothing more admirable or brave.

There are a couple famous trans people coming to the spotlight, but one of my favorite celebrities had been around for a while now and he is a transvestite named Eddie Izzard. He is a very funny comedian, kind, smart as a whip, and I highly suggest watching his video "Dress to Kill" to anyone and everyone. The reason why I suggest that particular video to you is that he talks about his experience being a trans person, albeit in a humorous way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Izzard#Transvestism

GOOD LUCK! Navigating growing up is extremely difficult, no matter who we are, and it is wonderful to see that you are being so thoughtful with your own growth. You are already excelling at becoming a confident, creative, capable adult who can solve their own problems, but knows when to ask for help. Don't forget, for every hater, there is a lover waiting to balance them out.

1
0
IthinkIlikeWomenClothes
IthinkIlike... writes:
Hey man im right there with you, I love the feeling of wearing girls clothes. I put on my sisters tights and her panties braws shoes socks, it makes me feel good, im not gay i just like wearing those things, i have a girlfriend and she knows and excepts it:) ill support you man just hit me up

1
0
Boytogirl1
Boytogirl1 writes:
I am 14 too and I love to wear dresses. Pretty much everyday I try on one of my moms dresses. I love thongs, dresses, bras, skirts, makeup. I'm not gay. I just love that kind of stuff. I have one time worn a dress out in public (just getting the mail) and I didn't look at anybody but a bunch of cars went passed me and they probably didn't care. Another thing is don't worry about. I so wanna go to like a store at a mall and try on dresses the whole time. I also love heels, flats, sandals. I love the gladiator sandals!! My favorite kind of dress is a high low one strap. Again I'm not gay but I just love girl clothes and your not alone.

1
0
nathan3582
nathan3582 writes:
Same here I have a girlfriend and she knows she doesn't care

1
0
prettygary
prettygary writes:
I think you are just like me. I think It's OK to be whoever you want to be. I love to wear dresses, I think I look enough like a girl when I'm dressed to go out anywhere I want to. The trick is to not be nervous, act like you belong there, walk with confidence. I find that when people look at me, they don't know whether you are a real girl or not! Only if you show fear, are they going to think that something is not right and will want to confront you. You need to look at them and smile and they will smile back.  Just keep walking and enjoy every breath of air, and the beautiful sights and sounds around. Now, I'm not saying that every place is safe. I you live in a Gang area, or Ghetto area you may be challenged, and possible beat up. So, find a place that is very public, like a Mall, and walk slowly through the stores. As you look into the windows, observe the people in the reflection in the store windows. And don't forget to smile at everyone, this is very important! You have to learn to relax and enjoy the moment. You will find that you will get almost everyone you smile at will smile back at you and they will continue to persue there shopping.  They have their own adjenda, and will not even remember seeing you. Go to the food court and get a coke and sit and slowly look around you without locking your eyes on anyone. Pretend they are not even there. Good luck to you girlfriend, and go for the gusto.  Let me know how it goes, and don't give up! Life is too short! You may never get this opportunity again. Sincerly TeriLynn.

1
0
nathanbanginghoes
nathanbangi... writes:
I am 14yr old to and i love to were thongs and panties im not gay and i hae a gf who likes it and just be urself ur a teen all teens do it if they dont they donti do it i like dressing like an girl it makes me feel good like i can be whatever i want i love the feeling....

0
1
Ihaveproblems
Ihaveproblems writes:
It doesn't matter cause I am a 14 year old boy who wears bras underwear of girls to bed I wear dresses heels stockings bras and it all start at my friends house I landed in a bucket of water so I had to change into my friend sisters clothes ever since then I have been wearing girl stuff my mum says your going to grow out of it I am not 100% sure I will

0
0
Brolita
Brolita writes:
Unfortunately society puts all of us in categories, and knowing what is normal is difficult and different for everyone. I was dressed up by my Mom for Halloween as a girl in a poofy party dress, petticoat, wig and makeup when I was around 10, and 50 years later I still like wearing those type of dresses. My wife tolerates me wearing dresses a couple evenings a week, and I don't wear makeup or wigs to look like a girl. If you like wearing girls clothes because of the way they feel is a little different that wanting to be a girl with makeup, hair, etc. Wanting to be a girl could be experiencing pre-gay or transgendered feelings as you now are exploring dressing like a cross dresser. A transvestite dresses for sexual arousal and the focus is on the material, the style and it could also be called a dress fetish. You hots of categories you can look up to get better definitions of each, but don't feel you have to "belong" to one of the categories. Just do what feels right which is what many like me will tell you, but also understand that the rest of your life you may need to keep your dressing up a secret, or secret to your loved one, or come out totally as gay and live in that community of friends. It has been my experience that "normal" people think what we like to wear or do is weird, so just keep that in mind as you pick your friends – carefully.

1
0
Hana_bird
Hana_bird writes:
This is interesting. I am a 14 year old girl and I've never heard of something like that. My best advice is sit down with your friends/gf/parents and talk about it. Are you sure youre not gay? Many celebrities and people in general have had partners of the opposite sex before realising that theyre gay. Like Ellen DeGeneres. You could also be transgender. Do you still want to be a girl or be like a girl? Theyre different things. You basically have to question yourself. Good luck :) x

0
0
teamnon-canon
teamnon-canon writes:
Hey. I feel like some of the answers may be giving you the wrong impression, but this isn't wrong or weird. Do what you feel is you, which is hard to know what that is at this age, I know, I'm 15.

Gender identity and sexuality are two different things. While, yes it could be a phase, you could definitely look into either FTM transgender(which you definitely could still be into girls) or drag? I'm not saying you're either of these things, but it might be beneficial to look at information about these two possibilities or even talk to people in those communities. And you can definitely talk to me if need be.

Just because you're interested in feminine clothing doesn't mean you're anything less than straight.

Good luck in this and be yourself. :)

0
0
TheLastWaterBender48
TheLastWate... , Parent writes:
It's up to you. If you want to go ahead. It's not up to me weather on weather not you want to wear a girl's dress. I do not want to hurt your feelings, either.

0
0