Anonymous
Q:

What do I do about my 14 year old daughter who has vicious rumors being spread about her?

After discussing this gossip situation with my daughter, she does not want me to interfere. I know the parents of the children who are spreading the rumors but she does not want me to talk to them about it. She has been friends for a long time with these children. Nor does she want me to speak to the administration of the school. How can I help my unhappy daughter?

|
2006Parent
2006Parent writes:
Your daughter is being bullied by these other girls. This is how girls bully by spreading rumors and shunning or not including others. You and your daughter need to report to school administration and if you know the parents, have a parent-to-parent conversation with each of them separately. Teach your daughter that friends who bully are not friends. You may need to help your daughter transition to a new set of friends. A guidance counselor might be of assistance.

1
0
Jiff
Jiff , Student writes:
You could help her by seeing a counselor (at the school?) to see what to do. Sometimes, in these situations, the best thing she needs is friendship.

0
0
AntibullyingAdvocate
Antibullyin... writes:
There are anti-bullying policies to protect her. Speak with school administration regarding this policy and report and record what is happening. Find someone she could speak with, an anti-bullying hotline where she can voice her concerns. Continue to reach out to her and try to build her self esteem.

0
0