Stepmonster
Stepmonster asks:
Q:

Is it appropriate to let a 14 yr old male home alone during the summer months while the custodial parent works full time?

My husband has a 14 yr old son from a previous marriage. He is too old to go to summer camp (he went last yr) and his mom is trying to fill his time up with a country club membership and professional golf and tennis lessons. I must add that she also wants to buy him a set of golf clubs, golf shoes, and a tennis racket. She wants my husband to split the cost. I must add that he will be attending a wrestling and lacrosse camp. My husband and I think the wrestling and lacrosse camp along with a week long cruise that we are taking him on and a weeks vacation with his mom is quite busy. We think he should also be looking into getting a part time job. Please advise.
In Topics: Cognitive development, Camp and summer enrichment, Blended families

|