Jenakem
Jenakem asks:
Q:

can a 14yr old girl date a 17 yr old guy

ok, am a 14 yr old girl in my final year in secondary school and i recently satarted to date this 17 yr old guy in his final year in secondary school too but attends a different school. Now most of my friends have boyfriends (recently) but they are all 16 and 17 yrs old Am the youngest in my class. I really love my boyfriend but i need to know if you guys think its ok. ( age of consent in my country is 13 so am not jail bait or anything. And we are not doing anything sexual).all my friends think its ok and my parents are not very interested or concerned . Please advise me.
In Topics: Teen issues, Teen sexuality and dating

|

Here is something to consider as you make this decision.  The teenage years are some of the most tranformative years in your life.  Somebody who is 17 is a very different person, biologically and mentally, than somebody who is 14.  Three years apart doesn't mean as much in your thirties, but in the teen years, it's a very long time.  You and he are facing very different circumstances at this point in your life as well.  Remember that if you and he are meant to be together, you will be together.  There is nothing wrong with simply waiting awhile before you make things official.  Take it slow and don't put any unneeded pressure on your relationship.  Research also shows that slowly developing relationships are stronger than ones that start very quickly.  Give yourself time.

Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ

www.YourLifeYourVoice.org
1-800-448-3000
Friend us on FACEBOOK today &
Access the live on-line support feature on www.yourlifeyourvoice.org  8-11p CST M-Th

2
0