Jenakem
Jenakem asks:
Q:

can a 14yr old girl date a 17 yr old guy

ok, am a 14 yr old girl in my final year in secondary school and i recently satarted to date this 17 yr old guy in his final year in secondary school too but attends a different school. Now most of my friends have boyfriends (recently) but they are all 16 and 17 yrs old Am the youngest in my class. I really love my boyfriend but i need to know if you guys think its ok. ( age of consent in my country is 13 so am not jail bait or anything. And we are not doing anything sexual).all my friends think its ok and my parents are not very interested or concerned . Please advise me.
In Topics: Teen issues, Teen sexuality and dating

|

Here is something to consider as you make this decision.  The teenage years are some of the most tranformative years in your life.  Somebody who is 17 is a very different person, biologically and mentally, than somebody who is 14.  Three years apart doesn't mean as much in your thirties, but in the teen years, it's a very long time.  You and he are facing very different circumstances at this point in your life as well.  Remember that if you and he are meant to be together, you will be together.  There is nothing wrong with simply waiting awhile before you make things official.  Take it slow and don't put any unneeded pressure on your relationship.  Research also shows that slowly developing relationships are stronger than ones that start very quickly.  Give yourself time.

Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ

www.YourLifeYourVoice.org
1-800-448-3000
Friend us on FACEBOOK today &
Access the live on-line support feature on www.yourlifeyourvoice.org  8-11p CST M-Th

2
0

lisafigueira
lisafigueira writes:
This is inappropriate!It is NOT OK. He is too old- You are to young to know what love is

2
2
Akhilbaby
Akhilbaby writes:
Actually you age is not the right age for dating and the boy is older for you. He knows about sex? Do you? Sexual not active you say, but eventually he will. As friend from far away, i advice you not now. You will meet more boys and man when you are older and successful in your life. Study and achieve higher level education first. ITS OK WITH YOUR FRIENDS because they have boyfriend too. If you get hurt at this age, it heal very late and sometimes never heals at all. So let time help you be more mature and strong before you have a boyfriends.

3
0
LisaHarrington
LisaHarring... writes:
Too young Sweetie.

1
0
LillithAnneSoul
LillithAnne... writes:
By my thoughts id say its ok, as long as he doesnt try to do anything sexual with you it should be ok.

0
0
Jenakem
Jenakem writes:
Thanks guys for all your answers. I hadn't said yes yet and I dont love him that much anymore.

0
0
Jenakem
Jenakem writes:
Thanks guys for all your answers. I hadn't said yes yet and I don't think I love him that much anymore. I guess I was just a little childish.

0
0
Sivasubramanyam1016
Sivasubrama... writes:
Please avoid these activities. You will lose concentration on studies. It is a very premature view. It is no good to move closer with boys. Skin is very sensitive organ. It can blind you at any time and lead you to unfair means. Please take extra care. Take proper guidance and lead honest life.

1
0
unknownprincess
unknownprin... writes:
I think that's OK. At least he's not in his 20s then that would be bad...I did the same thing.

0
0