csuppa2
csuppa2 asks:
Q:

My 15 year old has Asperger's & I'm still fighting with the school in Punxsutawney, PA to get him an IEP!

I have tried, since my son entered 6th grade, which is part of the middle school here in Punxsy, to get my son assistance for his ADHD.  I was basically ignored by the principal, and when I finally did get a response in his 7th grade year, it was to have him report to his homeroom teacher to have him babysat!  I had told the teachers and the principal that I did not want my son on the computer at school unless he was doing school work.  Guess what, the homeroom teacher was letting him on it even though the "504" that we had worked out said he was not to be on it.    I was telling the psychologist at the school that he had additional problems, well she sent out forms for the teachers to fill out, and they had 30 or more kids in each class and one teacher failed to return it.  This was a student who received A's and maybe a B from the time he became a student in 3 yr old preschool until he started attending public school in 6th grade.  At that time, we were lucky if he got a B.  In fact, we were struggling in some cases to get a D.  
I did get an independent psychologist who did an extensive report on my son and found out this past spring that he has Asperger's along with ADHD.  So, we had another meeting this summer with two new psychologists at the school who were gung ho to work on getting him the help he needed, until the principal and teachers got involved!  Now we're back to square one!  One teacher wanted to know what class to remove when my son didn't achieve his goals

|