Carl63 asks:

I am an 18 male about to graduate high school and I have an interest in teaching especially younger grades. Any advice on what schools to go to?

In Topics: Getting ready for college
> 60 days ago



May 10, 2011
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

First you are to be congratulated on your interest in working with younger children!  There are two types of majors/certification for teaching younger children.  The first is early childhood education that includes pre-school kids.  The second is elementary education, and even this certification can be divided into K-3 and 4-5, depending on the state.

The bottom line is this- in choosing a college make sure they have the area of certification that you will need.

Did you find this answer useful?

Additional Answers (2)

Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely