Carl63
Carl63 asks:
Q:

I am an 18 male about to graduate high school and I have an interest in teaching especially younger grades. Any advice on what schools to go to?

In Topics: Getting ready for college

|

Houli

First you are to be congratulated on your interest in working with younger children!  There are two types of majors/certification for teaching younger children.  The first is early childhood education that includes pre-school kids.  The second is elementary education, and even this certification can be divided into K-3 and 4-5, depending on the state.

The bottom line is this- in choosing a college make sure they have the area of certification that you will need.

0
0

jmamable
jmamable , Caregiver writes:
Hi Carl63,

Most state colleges have programs that will give you the basics of what you need to start a career in teaching, and helpful advice on how to get a job in the field. Many community colleges have programs as well that feed into these state college programs. I'd say inquire at any college you are already interested in and seeing which one has the best offerings -- they may all have teaching credential programs, but some may be better suited to your personal needs.

Jody

0
0
Congratulations!!!

I think it would be helpful to speak with some of your teachers about where they attended college and except any advice they could offer.

Also, you could speak with your school's guidance counselor, he/she should have resources available to help you choose a college that would serve your needs.

Best of Luck!!!

0
0