Anonymous
Q:

My 2 year old rejects me when she comes back from her dad's

Hi everybody,
I truly hope I can find some answers here as I am completely lost at what to do. I've been separated from my ex husband since the last year.
When we separated our daughter was just over 6 months.
I was rewarded a sole custody by the court and my ex has the visitation rights 3 times a week. 1 full day and 2 half days. Our daughter is almost 2 now and just a few weeks ago I have noticed the change in her behavior when she comes back from him. She was always very quite after she comes back but suddenly she refuses to come to me. She screams no, turns her head away and when I take her from her dad's arms she screams for him. Although I have talked to many people and they've all seem to have experienced this at some point with their little ones, I find it quite striking. All the stories I was able to find online I read and they mostly point to towards the rejected parent as being the one that is doing something wrong. Although I do not want to go in to details of my relationship with my ex, the reason I got sole custody is because of all crazy behavior my ex has had towards me during the whole process. He used any possible excuse against me that you can imagine during the custody procedure, which he never could prove so he would just talk over it as if we were all Alzheimer patience etc. This is still going on. He still uses all possible means available to him to damage my name in the society, he calls child protective services on me etc. Please tell me what to
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|