Bka1218
Bka1218 asks:
Q:

My 2.5 year old son gets along with every kid except 1 girl.

My son has play dates with all sorts of different children, but he has been around 1 girl in particular his whole life basically, her mom and I have been friends since we were pregnant and her daughter came 5 weeks after my son. They have always had play dates and been around each other a lot. anyways they always seem to get into an argument over a toy or something and end up trying to hit at each other and steal each others toys. Her mom always tries to blame my son for causing all of the problems but I know this is not always the case, it very strongly goes both ways. She says I don't ever punish my child and that my child is the reason hers has learned to hit but this is not true, I just don't feel like my son should be punished every time they get into a scuffle when she starts them too. I feel like they are just 2 year old's and they aren't going to always get along, no 2 people always constantly get along and agree on everything no matter the age. This does not happen when my son is around other kids though. So I really don't understand where this is coming from with them. It hasn't always been like this between them two. Has anybody else had this problem with their kids and 1 child in particular they just can't get along with anymore? She is blaming my parenting on all of this and it is all my fault according to her, I am a first time parent and so is she. I do raise my son on my own and have no help financial or otherwise. I think kids will be kids, opinions? Thanks!
In Topics: My child's growth and development

|