Emmalace
Emmalace asks:
Q:

Why does my 3 year old cry all the time?

I have a 3 year old son (well, he will be 3 in April). He cries and whines non-stop. When I change his diaper, he cries. If I look at him, he cries. Always. From the moment he wakes up, even after I put him to bed, he still whines and cries. No matter what I do, he still cries. He just sits there and cries. Constantly. He won't tell me why he is crying. When I ask him what he wants and why he is crying, he just cries louder. He is not in pain. I know that for a fact. He just cries and whines all day long. What do I do? How do I stop it or change it? H
In Topics: Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk,

A child who cries at a great amount of time may be having a sensory overload.  First however, you may wish to check with your local physician. Then ask if he may consider referring you to the local early school intervention team via your school district.  

0
0

lynellen
lynellen writes:
I would agree that there may be a sensory overload happening with your child.  A good resource to help you see if there is overload going on is www.spdfoundation.net or Sensational Kids by Lucy Jane Miller OTR.

An occupational therapist in your town would also be able to help you.

0
0