jtb41990
jtb41990 asks:
Q:

My 3 yr old son is so mean and defiant after returning from dads house. What can I do?

My son and I have always had a great relationship. His father and I split up when he was 1 and I had him the whole time. But we have tried to be civil and failed. We are now going through a custody battle. I have heard his father say things like "ill come back for you" or "you dont have to stay with mommy" when dropping him off. He sees him tue and thurs from 5-8 amd then every other weekend starting sat am til sun pm. And when my son returns he hates me. He wont listen to me. He cries saying he wants daddy. Things like "go away" or "just leave me alone". I feel like my son doesnt like me anymore. He just wants his dad. And it hurts my feelings and I cry daily. We used to be very close and now I feel our relationship has been destroyed because I have such a short temper when he won't listen to me he just runs away and says I dont have to listen to you. He also told me "you dont.love me". When I asked where he heard that he said daddy. But I know kids have big imaginations.  I just dont want to ruin my relationship with my son by being so mean and making him hate me for disciplining him for being rude and hurtful.

|