Spooky77
Spooky77 asks:
Q:

My 33 year old neighbor keeps bullying my autistic children. What can I do?

The woman next door keeps threatening to kidnap my children and put them out on the interstate "bye bye retards" is how she put it. She has threatened bodily harm to me and my children on several occasions. However, since it is her word against mine, the police won't do anything but take reports. Every time she sees my children outside, she screams obsenities at them and calls them f'ing retards. My children, ages 8 & 2, have a mild form of autism. This really hurts them to hear an adult call them such names. What can I do about this woman? She is living here illegally and I have contacted my landlord several times about it and he has done nothing. Do I have any legal recourse against my neighbor and my landlord? I feel my children are being discriminated against because they have autism. What should I do? Since I live in a very small 4 plex with a tiny lawn, there is really no way of avoiding this woman. I am at a loss. Help would be appreciated!!!

|

AnnieFox

An adult targeting kids? Despicable! This is harassment and yes, certainly  you have legal recourse. It sounds like you need a restraining order to protect your children from this hate-filled neighbor. If you don't have an attorney, or you need help finding one, do a google search for "Attorney ______ (your city or county)" Get on the phone with an attorney today. Even if he or she does not handle this type of neighbor dispute, s/he is likely to refer you to another attorney who does. In the meanwhile, document the incidents of abuse. If there have been witnesses to these encounters, see if they'd be willing to help with a statement of what they observed.

I hope this helps.

0
0